I get bored with chicken so easily. How many times can you bake chicken with tomato on top, or have a chicken casserole? For me, I guess it has been one too many. I came up with an easy recipe for coconut chicken ti stir things up in the taste department. Enjoy!
Recipe (serves 4):
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried Parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 150C and line a cooking tray with aluminum foil.
2. Put the flour, salt, pepper, grated coconut, and parsley in a bowl. Mix the ingredients and set aside.
2. Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise.To do this, place one hand on the chicken and as you are slicing, keep your knife parallel to the cutting board. Coat each one of the chicken pieces with the flour mixture from Step 1.
3. Heat the coconut oil on a frying pan and place the unbreaded chicken on the pan. Wait until the outsides of the chicken are white in colour and then flip over (about 2 minutes on each side).
4. Place the chicken in the oven for 5 minutes with the Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy! I added on some extra grated coconut on top (but I am crazy like that).
Sometimes when we are sick of something, in my case chicken, we can find new ways to make it exciting again. I took something I love (coconut) and combined it with something that needed a little help (chicken). This dinner turned out great. Are you in a chicken rut? I would love to hear how you are making it your own.
Overall Recipe Rating: 4.5/5 Kiwis