- 1 tbsp nut butter of your choice (I chose almond)
- 1 cup cooked rolled oats
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp flax
- A handful of almonds (positioned in the shape of a heart!)
- Seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- Garnish with coconut and 1 tsp cinnamon
Directions: Mix oats, nut butter, honey, and flax in a bowl. Top bowl with pomegranate seeds, coconut, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Position almonds in the shape of hearts!
Valentine’s Day doesn’t need to be about giving your loved ones unhealthy treats! Here are five healthy ways to make the day special:
- Make the special person in your life a healthy breakfast
- Take a cooking class together
- Go on a walk together
- Try a new exotic fruit or vegetable you haven’t tried before (document with photos of course!)
- Take an exercise class together (yoga,kick boxing, weight lifting)
Regardless of how you celebrate Valentine’s Day, remember to cherish your loved ones all year around. Have a happy and healthy Valentine’s Day!