Garam masala is one of my favourite spices and meatballs are one of the easiest dinner meals you can make. Why not combine the two together? I found a recipe that did just that!!!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 small sweet potatoes, baked
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps of garam masala
- 2 tsps of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
For the original recipe, click here
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes until they are mashable. Mash the potatoes and add them to a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, beef, onion, and spices to the same bowl as the potatoes and mix well.
4. Using a spoon, roll the meat mixture into balls and place on a baking pan that is lined with foil. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
What is in Garam Masala? It’s made up of a variety of spices which may include some of the following: coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, black cumin seeds, dry giger, black cardamon cloves, cinnamon, and crushed bay leaves. There are different variations of Garam Masala, so search around for the brand you like best. Some of the spices in Garam Masala are packed with antioxidants and have been shown to lower blood cholesterol (coriander seeds), blood sugar, and have anti-inflammatory properties (cumin). Not too bad for some spices right?
Recipe Rating: 4.5/5 Kiwis