What’s better than having ready made whey protein bars in your freezer? Having my recipe for ready made whey protein bars in your freezer. They are crunchy, chocolately, and are perfect for an on the go snack.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural)
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats (blended into a ‘dust’)
- 1/2 cup cocoa puffs or Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup or honey ( I used Canadian Maple Syrup for these bad boys!)
- 1/4 cup chocolate nibs or dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut Oil
- A pinch of pink salt
1. Line a square pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the oat dust, protein powder, cocoa puffs, and salt in a large bowl. Then add in the peanut butter, coconut oil, and chocolate chips. If the mixture is a bit dry, add in some water or some almond milk until it gets forms into a giant ball!
3. Press the ‘dough’ into a pan with the palm of your hand until its relatively flat. Then place the pan in the freezer. After 30 minutes, cut the mixture into bars and put them in a freezer bag! These will keep for up to a month, but they won’t last that long!