I’m not a baker. But I felt pretty good about myself after making these treats.
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 175C. In a bowl mix together the avocado and coconut flour. Try your best to get rid of the clumps (use a mixer if needed). Add in the egg, cocoa powder, agave syrup, peanut butter. cocoa nibs, and water.Mix well.
2. Using a Tablespoon, scoop mixture into small dough balls onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press down the dough with a fork, and the place them in the over for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven, let cool and enjoy! =)
Have you tried avocado oil yet? It has a similar fat profile to olive oil (70% monounsaturated fats, 10% polyunsaturated fats,and 20%saturated fats). Avocado oil has a light flavour and high smoke point, making it ideal for pan frying and casserole dishes. I like it best in my salads and with sauteed veggies. How do you use it?
Overall Recipe Rating: 3.5/5 kiwis