This month’s recipe redux theme is Floral Flavours. Living in the Middle East, rose water is often used after eating meals, to cleanse the hands. I love the smell of it, so I thought, why not put a little bit into a dessert?! This is when my protein bites came to life! Enjoy!
- 1/2 teaspoon of rose water
- 1 handful (about 1/2 cup) frozen raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder (vanilla)
- Mix the water and rose water together in a bowl. Then add in the whey protein powder and mix until smooth (I used a whisk).
- Thaw the frozen raspberries and mix them with a whisk, mashing them completely.
- Take a ice cube tray (I used a heart mold ice cube tray) and lightly cover each hole with coconut oil. Place the tray in the freezer so the coconut oil hardens (for about 2 minutes).
- Fill in the tray with the whey protein mixture and then top with the remaining coconut oil. Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!
- Note: These are to be eaten right out of the freezer or they will melt!
Looking for more recipes using flowers? Check out my fellow bloggers below: