This months recipe redux theme is all about cooking with tea. As a beverage, I find drinking tea brings a sense of calm/soothing action to my mind and body. I usually enjoy tea about 30 minutes after a meal to help with digestion. I don’t use tea to cook with that much, but this recipe is a keeper! Enjoy!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 Chai tea tea bag
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 pieces of star anise
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Boiled 1.5 cups of water in a small saucepan. Then add in the tea bag and the star anise. Steep the tea for about 6 minutes and then add in the soy sauce, lemon juice, vegetable and sesame oil, as well as the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well and let cool. This is your marinade for the chicken.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl or plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour (I recommend 4-5 hours).
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and place the chicken and marinade in the tray. Thinly slice 3 pieces of lemon and place one slice over each chicken breast. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy over rice!
Interested in more recipes that have tea? View these amazing food bloggers below: