Recipe (Makes 14 truffles):
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 6-8 dates)
- 1 1/2 Tbsps of cocoa powder
- Splash of vanilla extract (optional)
5 ingredients to roll the truffles in when you are finished (optional):
1. Leftover ground nuts – pistachios can look very nice and add a bright colour!
2. Ground flax
3. Shredded coconut
5. Cocoa Powder
1. Grind the nuts in a blender until they look like flour.
2. Add in dates and grind until it forms a thick ball.
3. Add the vanilla and cacao powder. Mix until the truffle appears to look like a dark chocolate truffle.
4. Roll the mixture into bite sized balls and cover with toppings (optional)
Recipe rating: 4.5/5 Kiwis